Implantable drug delivery devices are the medical devices, which enable site specific drug administration. It also helps in minimizing the doses of drug in order to reduce potential side effects. These devices facilitate sustained release of a therapeutic agent. These implantable devices are gaining edge over conventional oral or parenteral dosage forms due to site specific and sustained release therapeutic action of implantable devices, which further minimize the side-effects associated with the drug.
The major factors driving the growth of this market are growing incidences of target disease such as diabetic retinopathy, prostate cancer, cardiovascular diseases and chroni diseases. Rising cases of unwanted pregnancies and growing aging population also supplement the growth of this market. However, cost associated with the use of these devices has restricted the market growth.
- The report throws light on the dominant current trends. Based on the understanding of trends, revenues are forecast from 2013-2020
- Market intelligence for key developmental strategies adopted by top companies is explained with impact analysis
- Analysis of trends in various regions would help the companies to plan their strategies depending on the region
- Emphasis is laid on key factors affecting the growth of global implantable drug delivery device market. These factors are critically analyzed to reveal the most impacting factors in the market
- Porter’s Five Forces analysis provides an insight into market dynamics and industry competition